3M™ IMPACT RESISTANT STRUCTURAL ADHESIVE
3M™ Impact Resistant Structural Adhesive (IRSA) is formulated for true automotive OEM specified structural bonding applications, excellent for collision absorption in steel structures and advanced lightweight aluminum alloys. This two part epoxy adhesive delivers extended work times – up to 1 hour – and can be rapidly heat cured. The adhesive changes from silver to purple as the adhesive cures.
- Higher impact strength versus traditional bonding adhesives.
- Recommended by many OEMs.
- Provides corrosion protection with lifetime warranty.
- Room temperature curing (accelerated curing with heat).
- Can be weld bonded or rivet bonded within working time.
- Adheres to a wide variety of properly prepared steel and aluminum substrates.
- Dispenses silver, color changes to purple to indicate proper mixing and curing process has begun.
- Has excellent shelf life opened or unopened, reducing unused product replacement costs.